Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Rebecca Black, My Moment.

So Rebecca Black released her new single titled "My moment". If you listen to the lyrics it's basically her way of saying fu to the "haters". Now the song is better than "Friday" is, but it's still a piece of crap. There's less auto tuning but it's still there, the lyrics are repetitive, and she just flat out can't sing. Again like "Friday" the comments were blowing up on this video both good and bad, mostly bad though. Those defending her couldn't even use proper grammar, so I'll assume they're probably about 9 years old. Let me break down the lyrics here,

"Were you the one who said that I would be nothing
Well, I'm about to prove you wrong
I'm not the only one who believes in something
My one wish is about to come true"

You're right you're not nothing, you're known as the teenage girl that keeps coming out with crap songs in a sad attempt to become famous.

"I'm not stopping for you
No matter what you do
I'll just keep on dreaming
My head up in the clouds when nobody is around to see..."

If you're going to keep dreaming and do it when nobody's around then WHY ARE YOU STILL RELEASING STUFF! Fine you're not stopping for me but for the love of god please stop for yourself. All you are doing is making a fool of yourself.

"[Chorus]
This is my moment, my moment
It's my time, flying high, lime, mine
Feels like my moment, my moment
I've waited for so long
But now everybody knows this is my moment, my moment

It's my time, flying high, lime, mine
Feels like my moment, my moment
I've waited for so long
But now everybody knows this is my moment, my moment"

Lime? Lime!? wtf does that have to do with ANYTHING in this song? And you've waited for so long? You're 14, holy hell that's such a long time to wait to suck at singing in the public eye.


"You knew it all along, I was afraid of you
I thought I couldn't be myself
You tried to be my friend
But I wouldn't let you
Remember what you said
Don't miss out on your chance
Your life is in your hands
So take it just as far as you can
But trusting in yourself, forget everyone else

Believe..."

Right forget everyone else, cause you know in this business to make it you need fans, but sure forget everyone else and believe that your crappy music will make you famous and loved by all. 


"[Chorus]
This is my moment, my moment
It's my time, flying high, lime, mine
Feels like my moment, my moment
I've waited for so long
But now everybody knows this is my moment, my moment

It's my time, flying high, lime, mine
Feels like my moment, my moment
I've waited for so long
But now everybody knows"

I don't think it had to be said quite so many times that this was your "moment" Everybody knows you still suck, so nothing's changed.

"Haters, said I'll see you later
Can't talk to you right now
I'm getting my paper
Said I'm doing big things
Things you never dreamed of
I hope you are happy cause I'm 'bout to blow up"

Getting  your paper, okay yea you're making some money off youtube and some other crap but I'd rather find better ways to make money rather than being known as a crappy singer. You're right I never dreamed of being infamous for something. And you're about to blow up? Yea in a negative way again.

"[Chorus]
This is my moment, my moment
It's my time, flying high, lime, mine
Feels like my moment, my moment
I've waited for so long
But now everybody knows this is my moment, my moment

It's my time, flying high, lime, mine
Feels like my moment, my moment
I've waited for so long
But now everybody knows"

Oh thank god it's over. What's funny is this song was to prove the "haters" wrong, show that she's gonna go far. Then this video started getting so many negative comments she went and set it to where she has to approve comments before they go up now. So of course all that can be seen coming through now are the good comments. But I guess whatever helps you feel better Rebecca. You can filter out the comments it's not going to change people's opinion of you.

I really can't understand why anyone would feel proud of being "popular" for the wrong reasons. Yea okay millions of people know of you but the majority of them think you're an idiot. I personally don't see what there is to be proud of in that.

And okay, there were a bunch of comments about "don't hate on her for having a dream" or along those lines. Listen there's nothing wrong with having a dream but if you tried once and failed don't come back with another piece of crap that's just going to get you known even more for crap music. She should have taken some time off, taken some vocal lessons, come up with some good lyrics, let crap die down from "Friday" then come back. Instead she had this "I'm gonna prove them wrong" attitude and made a fool of herself yet again.

Rebecca in some off chance that you read this, I'm sure you're a nice girl but you're naive. Give yourself time to grow as a singer rather than being infamous. And if you can't handle the criticism of people, don't post on the internet.


I think that's about it for now. If you'd like to listen to "My Moment" you can listen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OxWD85Ngz4

2 comments:

  1. haha, very good points and comments that you put in this topic! enjoyed reading this one :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why the fuck would anybody want to read about that stupid bitch?

    ReplyDelete